Deep Thoughts - Okay, Not Really...



Nightstand Memoir--


I picked up Paul Guest's memoir One More Theory About Happiness: A Memoir at Powell's books and it's incredible.  I can hardly put it down.

The weird thing is, I somehow managed to buy an *uncorrected proof* review copy.  I had wondered why it said it said, "Quote page TO COME/AUTHOR: PLEASE SUPPLY/ --Quote credit TO COME."  I thought Paul had gotten all artsy on me.

~


Literary Journal Happenings--

I did an interview for Crab Creek Review for the Richard Hugo House website.  If you want to learn a little more about Crab Creek Review and our goals, etc. you can check it out here.

And speaking of Crab Creek Review, there will be 2 incredible interviews in the first issue of 2011 of poets Mark Doty & Todd Davis.  So excited about that!

But before I get too far ahead of myself, this next issue will feature poems by David Wagoner, Joannie Stangeland, Alice Derry, Peter Pereira, Martha Silano, Erin Malone, Michael Schmeltzer, Kevin Miller (these last 5 will be our readers at Elliott Bay Books, November 20th, so if you're in Seattle, mark your calendars) and many other incredible poets and writers.

And this next issue (Issue 2: 2010) has an incredible ekphrastic portfolio guest edited by Susan Rich (our very first guest editor!)

~

For the Love of Psychic Energy --

I don't know about you (or how much you believe in this), but there's a lot of interesting energy happening lately.  It feels as if everyone is quite connected.

Weird ghosty things and many synchronicities-- I've been hearing this from people.  And I've had so much on my mind.  Deep thoughts... Stewart Smalley stuff.

I've been paying more attention to my dreams lately because of this.

Of course, last night I ended up dreaming of Pinto station wagons, the old neighborhood where I grew up and the All in the Family theme song.  I remember thinking in my dream, "I need to work this song into a poem."  Seriously?  Oh, who I am kidding, I may just try it.




Share




Comments

  1. I loved the passage about not striving for unanimous editorial agreement. That seems like a great approach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a terrific line up in Crab Creek Review. Love the work you guys are doing with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know that ghosty synchronicity vibes were in the air--I will pay more attention. I loved hearing your dream fragments: Pintos and Archie Bunker. There's definitely a poem in there.

    I will need to read Guest's memoir, though probably not an uncorrected proof (which I am sure will be a collector's item someday!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thank you for commenting on my blog! It was so exciting to have the poet comment on her posted poem! I found it through the site Poetry Daily, just so you know :) Beautiful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shawnte-- Thanks! I think it allows to choose stronger work. I know there have been some poems/stories published that I would not have chosen, but others have fallen in love with them. And I have chosen poems that I love, that others do not. I've been appreciating this approach myself as it allows for all different types of work, styles, subjects, etc. to grace our pages.

    Thanks, Jessie!

    Marty-- I thought the same thing about "Well, this might be worth something later on!" Still, how did I choose an uncorrected proof from the shelves. It still baffles me.

    Allie- Thank you! And for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.