Confession Tuesday - The I've Been Good! Edition





Dear Reader,

As I begin this I feel that I have little to confess this week. I've been pretty good. But this is the joy of the confessional (and being Catholic), you have to confess even if you've been good.

When I was little, my friend Lisa used to the tell the priest every week in confession that she hit her sister even though she didn't. I asked her why and she said it was because she had nothing to confess, so she would just make stuff up. I told her she could now add, "And I lied to a priest" to her confessions.

So, I'm not sure what I will confess today, so there won't be anything juicy for you (um, is there *ever* anything juicy? I am so square). But it's Tuesday and time to begin.

To the confessional--


I confess today is a work day for me, so if you see random blog posts today, you will know I am not working, but avoiding work.

~

I confess there will be a blog post today about Susan Rich's poetry reading at Open Books for The Alchemist's Kitchen, which happened Sunday at Open Books. I can tell you it was wonderful and she had many fun ways to involve the audience (which I will mention in my upcoming post).

~
I confess whenever I have time, I love to go mountain biking.  Yesterday I was out for 3 hours in backhills of our community, this huge area of logging roads and trails open to the public for hikes, biking, and horseback riding.

My bike actually gives me that happy-feeling in my stomach when I see it or think about it.  This is similar to how I feel about books.

My Bike-- (it's a Norco Storm if you're interested...)


~
I confess I'm stretching my confessions here because really, honestly, I do not have too much to confess.  Maybe I should confess what I didn't do--

 I did not get into a bidding war with my nemesis at this year's elementary school.  I did not drink too much champagne.  I did not go into the Erotic Bakery and I did not find Dave Matthew's house before the Open Books reading.

So maybe next week I can add a little spice to my life and yours.  Maybe, but probably not.  I'm off to blog about Susan's reading now and then a work day.

May it also be a square week for you with a little spice, enough to keep things interesting.

Comments

  1. Can't wait to see your post about Susan's reading. Thanks for your confessions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poetry book giveaway link list is a prize in itself! And everyone who visits wins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I confess I am obsessively refreshing a safari screen on my itouch for ups just hoping my package arrives soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.