Day 3 of a New Decade




Dear friends, how are your new year resolutions going if you made any?

If I were to focus on the main ones, to write daily, it would seem I am failing already, but I still as if I am on winter break, which to me means cleaning and organizing. There is nothing like excess Christmas clutter to kick me into gear, plus the book, One Year to an Organized Life: From Your Closets to Your Finances, the Week-by-Week Guide to Getting Completely Organized for Good by Regina Leeds (which I mentioned in an early post also), is completely inspiring. Yes, books about organizing and clearing clutter are inspiring to me, I'm odd like that.

The book is organized by month, but in my own special Capricorn way, I'm already on April. I finished cleaning out the final room, our guest room, which could have also been named, "Room where we store stuff and close the door, then clean hectically when someone comes to visit."

While I was cleaning our laundry room, which is in the older part of our home built in 1929, I found the above art nouveau pin. It was pretty magical to find because I have never seen this before and wonder where it came from, if it has always been in our home (I've lived her for 12 years) and I've never stumbled upon it. This is another reason I love old homes, all the stories they leave behind for you. I sort of see this pin my payment for finally cleaning up.

Anyway, now that the house is back in order, my writing life returns officially tomorrow.

Next week I'll be teaching 3 classes at the Whidbey Island Writers Workshop MFA program. I'll share any interesting exercises or info afterwards.

I hope your new year's resolutions are going well and you finding the time to write and read.

Let me know how your resolutions are going, or if you're more like me and will really begin to take them seriously come tomorrow. (The real new year always starts on a Monday, methinks.)





Comments

  1. The quest to tackle my guest room closet starts tomorrow because I feel Monday I really the start of the New Year although I did pretty well on my resolutions this weekend. Have fun teaching! That is like my dream, to teach creative writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that resolutions don't kick in until today! I already forget what my resolutions are, though! But I'm happy with what I've accomplished thus far this year...

    Congrats on the teaching gig. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.