Not About Poetry - But Gratitude and the New Year

We are working on being grateful at our house. Gratitude for the gifts we receive both material and kind acts given to us.
It's not always easy.

It is not always easy to be thankful for the people you are closest too and for what they do. Sometimes it's easier to see their flaws and creases instead of paper angels we all are.

We have a tradition in our house (one I started and haven't regretted so far), in which we make each other's New Year's resolution. My husband and daughter choose mine. My daughter and I choose my husband's. And my husband and I choose my daughter's. It's always interesting to see what others think I should improve on vs. what I think I should improve on. Also, we only get to choose one as we don't want a laundry list of what's wrong with each of us.

They are still working on choosing my resolution.

My daughter's resolution is to take better care of her things. We still have to choose my husband's as well, but think it will be something about patience with girl energy.

If I were to write my own resolutions, the list would be long and incomplete.

But I will try to be more gentle with all of the world's paper angels and to try my best to be thankful for what I have and for the people who continue to do things for me or who are there for me in my life.

Comments

  1. i like this idea a lot. i might see if my husband wants to do that as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie,

    You'll have to tell me if he goes for it! My husband was a little nervous about it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.