Confession Tuesday



Dear Reader, it's been a week of fevers and not sexy fevers, like I'm hot-blooded (check it and see), or fever in the morning, fever all through the night, when you kiss me fever, but my God another fever day, and I hope this isn't serious fever, and let's all take a nap and keep our immune systems up so we don't catch this fever.

But now, we're feverless and better.


So let's begin. To the confessional--

1) I realize this week how cranky/judgmental I've been lately about a few people who just rub me the wrong way. I know when I feel this way it's time to look inward to see what's up with that... (Or maybe they just are annoying...) ;-)

2) Someone told me today that when you eat sugar, you're basically knocking out your immune system for about 30 minutes. WHAT? Is this the worst news ever? I had no idea about this. And I *heart* candy/chocolate. So today I mixed organic cocoa bean powder with agave nectar and dunked a banana in it. Does this count as sugar? It tasted like chocolate dipped banana. It would be easier just to continue eating chocolate and pretend I don't know about this fact.

3) Today is a writing day so I'm in my writing clothes-- corduroys, thermal long-sleeve t-shirt, big sweater cardigan, warm socks, slip off shoes. I'll be off to the shed after I finish typing this.

4) I want to learn how to make those cool little necklace pendants people are making that have a cool image in them (like above). I want to make myself an Emily Dickinson one, though I think these pendants might be beyond my jewelry making skill.

5) Yesterday I went to a friend's house and made "soul cards." It's where you use images from magazines to make Tarot-like cards to ponder on. Kind of like mini vision boards. I'll do a separate post about this soon with photos and some synchronicity that happened as I was looking through my old "soul cards."

6) I think soulcards is kind of a cheesy name, but I really like making them.

7) Sometimes I get the urge to write really inappropriate things on my Facebook status.

I will share one here, but the way, it is a little TMI (Too Much Information), which is why I didn't post it so be warned. (Though it *is* confession Tuesday...)

Anyway, the other day I was at a doctor's appointment and was sitting there waiting for her and was so tempted to write on my FB status, "Kelli is in a paper gown waiting for her OB-GYN listening to 'I'm Every Woman' on the clinic's speaker system." (All true, btw.) It kind of cracked me up to hear that.

But I'm afraid a status like that could end me up on www.lamebook.com, which I think is a hilarious website (though if you're easily offended, you might not see the humor in all the posts.) Again, be warned. It may not be work-friendly if your boss checks those kind of things.

8) While writing these confessions, I ate too many wasabi peas.

9) I think that is the last of my confessions. I wrote more than I thought, I though I didn't have anything to confess, but my imperfections sparkled through. Yah imperfections!


Amen.

Comments

  1. While your comment may be TMI for FB (and those are the most interesting ones to read), it may be better suited for Twitter.

    I'll check out lamebook.com when I get home.

    Glad you and your family are feeling better. Yea for writing days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I though there was something strange about me because I ocassionally get the urge to post inapproprate things on status too. I guess the fact that someone else contemplates it too doesn't exactly get me off the hook for strange.

    lamenook.com is a totally new one to me but I'm on my way to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is funny that i use twitter for my more inappropriate status updates.

    i love the idea of the pendant! and the soul card idea sounds neat (why am I using such terrible adjectives today?-brain fried?)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.