Monday, Mondays...

I have been so busy these last few days and so poetry filled I have a lot to share, I took notes and in the next week will be getting them down here. Important things about how to be a better reader, a class I took at the Field's End Conference with Elizabeth Austen, a NW poet. But other thing, weird random I notes I took that were important enough that I wrote them down.

I will find my little blue notebook and share these things with you.

And I will tell you that the Crab Creek Review reading yesterday was spectacular. The three poets who read Jenifer Lawrence, Susan Rich, and Nancy Pagh wowed the crowd. It was one of the most engaging readings I've been to in a long time. The energy in that room, everyone was tuned into these poets and were paying attention, and the laughter and attentiveness. These women know not only how to write, but how to read.

But more on that. and on that...

I still have a poem of the day to post. And I will.

We had some sunshine here today. Enough to make us believe that we do not live under a gray wool blanket and that there is enough blue sky for all of us to come out of homes and say Yes,Yes,Yes-- there is color! Blue! Look at that sky, we have missed you. Thank you for reminding me that I don't just live in black and white.

Comments