Confession Tuesday... night!

Me as Rosie the Riveter


I'm almost late for Confession Tuesday and if you're on the East Coast, it's tomorrow already, so here's both a Confession Tuesday & a Confession Wednesday depending on your geography.


Oh and let's make this the Halloween edition--

Halloween Anxiety--
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. Around September I start having anxiety dreams that I forgot to decorate, buy my daughter a costume or take her trick or treating. Many times I'll dream I'm at some weird Woolworth-like store looking at Halloween decorations when I realize I need to get home to go trick or treating or to hand out candy. When I wake up from these dreams I'm always thankful I didn't miss the actual holiday.

*
At the Halloween party this weekend, a guy came up to me and said, "We can do it." And I got that nervous icky feeling that he was hitting on me, then realized he was just reading the Rosie the Riveter patch on my shirt.

*
My History of Costumes--
My husband and I once went as Edvard Munch and his painting "The Scream." I had a fake cigarette and carried a frame around all night. We've also gone as Dalmatians and the homecoming king and queen of 1963. Once I dressed up as Mary Katherine from Saturday Night Live (SUPERSTAR!) and as a sailor in a true navy uniform I bought at the Goodwill by the Navy base. That was one of the warmest costumes I had--good for trick or treating, bad for Halloween parties.

*

My favorite thing to do at Halloween parties is to dance.
My favorite Halloween treat is candy corn.
My favorite Halloween shows are: the Simpson's Halloween "The Raven," It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, and the Addam's Family Halloween show that I still remember watching as a child.
*
I like to hear people's "true" ghost stories, even when it's not Halloween.
*

If I was younger, I'd go to a Halloween costume in a slip with a pageant banner on that read: Rejection.

*

Comments

  1. Sorry, this is not a comment on this post, but a comment on a reference to "The Book of Kells" that I found today. It was in an article in the New York Review of Books about (among other things) the Lindisfarne Gospels:

    http://www.nybooks.com/articles/21979

    Perhaps you saw it already, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your cat, Abby. Cats have been in my life always, and I wouldn't know what it was like without one. It is like losing a part of the family. My deepest condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this time of the year and I love Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THanks all for the notes & Andrew, I hadn't seen that yet, so thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there, I stumbled on your blog today and I have enjoyed reading and reading...thank you.
    Oh, I dig the halloween costume too. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.