Monday Meditations


I woke this morning feeling a bit melancholy. I think that's interesting when you go to sleep feeling one way, but awake completely different. I wondered if maybe what I dreamed about put me in this quieter place.

Oddly, last night I dreamed I was in Hawaii and it was lovely weather and there was a celebration and this airshow with planes pulling ridiculously large Hawaiian leis (you can only imagine how large they were because I could see them from the beach - they also had red and white smoke coming from the back).

But at the end of the night, the weather had changed from warm to a very light snow. But it wasn't as cold as the Northwest. And Billy Collins was there selling his chapbook for $10. Or that could have been a scene from another dream, you know how they all mix together.

Anyway, when I woke up, I felt a little sad and not really for any reason.

Tonight is my poetry group and we'll be having a goodbye party for Jeannine who is California Dreamin' Maybe the sadness is loss? Maybe it's fear of change. I've never been good at analyzing my dreams like those people who see angels in the architecture, I usually just see walls.

Comments