Eco-Friendly Toothbrushes & Have a Green Summer

Well, I'm still around finishing up a few projects with my manuscript and also thinking about life and the general state of the world and our environment. I'm realizing I can walk softer on the earth and leave a smaller footprint if I just make a few better choices and support companies who are trying to create a better future. For example--




I just found out about these Preserve Toothbrushes that are sold at Target for $2.04




Here's what I like about them--



When it is time to replace your toothbrush (dentists recommend switching it every three months) send the toothbrush and case back to Preserve using our postage-paid label to be re-processed into plastic lumber for picnic tables, boardwalks and decks.




The company also makes razors that can also be recycled as well as other better-for-the-world items.


Anyway, like most, my toothbrushes have always been well, disposable and I had never considered finding one that could be recycled. I think so much of life is habit. For example, it takes me awhile once the weather changes to remember that I don't have to take the car someplace--I can walk or ride my bike. So many times I jump in my car then think, "I could have biked here."


Maybe all of this is reminder to just notice what choices we are consciously making and what choices are just happening out of habit. I think habit wins much of the time with me. I'm hoping to break that and try looking at my life differently, how can I live in a better way.


Anyway, if you want more info on the company behind these products, you can check out Recycline here. It's nice to find a company who is trying to make a difference.


*

BTW, I've had spotty internet service all day, so hopefully tomorrow I'll have some cat photos to share. I know, posting cat photos on your blog is a no-no, I will become my own cliche' for the summer. Still, he's a supercute/supersweet cat and he wants a little celebrating.

Comments