2 New Books of Poems--

I am the proud owner of two new poetry books--

Meaning a Cloud by JW Marshall (owner of the Open Books Poetry Only Bookstore in Seattle). I just started reading this and it's fantastic. It was winner of the 2007 FIELD Poetry Prize and it incorporates my favorite things in poetry--accessible poems, that are strong, lyrical, and interesting.

In fact one poem has become a favorite of mine. Here it is (short and perfect)--


Dear Hummingbird


You're not alone.
It's taking me ages
to learn the red leaf isn't a flower.


by J.W. Marshall from his book MEANING A CLOUD

* * *

I also just purchased Beth Ann Fennelly's UNMENTIONABLES, which is beautiful and out in hardback. I haven't sat down with it yet, but Beth Ann is a favorite poet of mine so I'm expecting good things.

Comments