Confession Tuesday





Confessional, Patzcuaro
Originally uploaded by zocalo2010




Dear reader,

It's been one week (minus an hour) since my last confession. It's still Lent and I'm still in the skinny of chocolate. I don't have much to confess today, but I'll try to amuse you with anything that comes to mind. I confess reader, you may have better things to do with your time.

To the confessions--

1) My desk is an absolute mess and I'm both sure and unsure how this happened. I am much more organized than my desk would allow you to believe.

2) I saw poet Madeline Defrees near the Lusty Lady in downtown Seattle when I was visiting the Seattle Art Museum. She was walking up the hill towards the Pike Place Market. She had on her red backpack with "M.D." stitched on the back. I think it's interesting, whenever I go to Seattle I run into a poet (last time I saw Joannie Stangeland near Westlake Center.) Well, you know what they say about the NW--throw a stick, hit a poet.

3) At the Seattle Art Museum's Roman Exhibit from the Louvre, my husband and I were continually amusing ourselves with our own interpretations of the art. There was one little statue (oh I wish I could find it on line) that looked it had a condom on his head--my husband remarked he thought it looked like Jerry Seinfeld chess game episode.

I saw another statue that looked like John Travola (see below). I know some people would have been horrified that we didn't take it all seriously, but honestly, if I can get a good laugh in during the Roman Art exhibit as well as a feeling of inspiration (which I also got as well), then it's a good day.

4) Speaking of seriousness, I'm always interested in how tight some people are wound and how they take life too seriously. I truly believe one of the best things in life is being able to laugh and find humor in all places, even in the church of art.

5) You never know how you are going to touch someone's life or who is going to touch yours. I had one of the best interactions with a woman selling yogurt at the Pike Place Market. Not only did she laugh and not put chocolate sprinkles on my yogurt because of Lent, but she explained the reason Easter is so early this year (Easter is the first Sunday after the first full moon following the spring equinox. This year the first full moon just happens to be the day after the first day of spring (March 21), and the first Sunday after that is March 23 -- Also the earliest Easter can be is March 22 as it was last in 1818 and will be next in 2285 and the latest is April 25th). In the end, we settled on rainbow sprinkles and she gave me extra. It was one of those brief moments when you connect with a stranger, one I will most likely never see again.




amen.

Comments

  1. I can see the Travolta resemblance.

    It does seem like some folks are wound too tight when it comes to art--or life. Too bad for them.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that you saw John Travolta in that sculpture! Also, I loved that you got the rainbow sprinkles, anyway.

    By the way, March 20 is the first day of spring! (It's my birthday!) :)

    Happy Confessions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you explained the whole Easter thing ~ it's been nibbling at me when I'm driving or halfway asleep at night, but I kept forgetting to look it up. Yay, yogurt woman!

    I love that you were able to see Travolta and Seinfeld in an art exhibit. "Lighten up, buttercup" is one of our most frequently uttered family sayings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Travolta! He's everywhere! ;-)

    Thanks January & GN Mom (and happy early birthday)

    And T--I am going to have to add "Lighten up, Buttercup" to our family sayings. love it! It's much better than my Caddyshack "You'll have nothing and like it." ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.