What would you say if you had to summarize your life in only six words? Bookbabie got the idea from a book written by Larry Smith and Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I was Expecting: Six Word Memoirs by Famous and Obscure. It is a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were—For Sale: baby shoes, never worn.
Here are the rules:
1. Write your own six word memoir
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere
4. Tag five more blogs with links
5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!
I was tagged by Diane for this--
I thought a lot about how to characterize my life--suburban girl goes rural in seach of words, Capricorn loves the earth, but realize that after having a corporate job in my 20's, much of my life has been about opting out of the busy-ness that plagues people. I tend to say no a lot. I don't like to have a lot of projects. I like my downtime (for myself and for my family). I like spending time with people I care for.
I'm basically doing everything I can to avoid getting a "real job" and right now, I'm appreciating the simple life and what I have.
So here's mine--
Sunbathing while commuter train passes by.
I tag: Jeannine, Peter, Michael W., January, and Joannie.